Author's Favorite Links

Thursday, September 16, 2010

George's Wine and Spirits Corner

This month's beverage recommendation is a wine from the Village of Santo Stefano Belbo in Piedmont, Italy and is a Stella Rosa Rosso.  It has a natural carbonation and is mildly sweet.  I don't usually gravitate towards dessert wines, but the sweetness was not overbearing, and coupled with the mild carbonation, the Stella Rosa Rosso made for an enjoyable drink.  It should sell for under $10 depending on your location.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to remember that name if I ever see it! I went to my first wine tasting experience last week. I don't drink but I appreciate the passion that others have for the finer ales and different kinds of vino. I have a cousin with a vineyard in California but I've never seen it. I'm catching up on this stuff. I remember my sister and I polished off a bottle of Rosso Antico that my parents brought back from Italy when I was about 8 years old. Hey, it tasted good! It also took several days/weeks so nobody would notice. Yeah, that worked. LOL! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, and I'm just glad you and your sister didn't get hurt. That's a little young to have a hang-over! Wine tasting is a lot of fun, especially with your spouse or good friends. Some married people probably even go with their friends for just a little time away (it’s healthy once in a while). I’m closer to the wineries in Temecula, so my wife and I may go twice a year. Thanks for connecting!

    ReplyDelete